I made these individual Tres Leches Cakes using Sugar-free cake mix and they taste absolutely delicious!
I used this Premium Tres Leches Cake Recipe from Bettycrocker.com
- 1 box of Yellow cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 1 cup whole milk or evaporated milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Place Jars on a cookie sheet
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil, vanilla and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Fill 8oz jars 1/3 (100-ML mark on the jar) of the way. Bake between 35-45 minutes, check often after 35 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. Poke holes at the top of the cakes with a fork or butter knife.
- In large bowl, stir together sweetened condensed milk, whole milk and whipping cream. Carefully pour evenly over the tops of cakes. Cover; refrigerate about 1 hour or until mixture is absorbed into cake.
- Blend about 1/2 of strawberry's in a blender to make a puree and had some milk to thin out the puree. Pour over the cakes. You may need to poke more holes. Cover and refrigerate for an hour.
- Top with cool whip or frosting of your choice.
For less calories opt for sugar-free items and low fat milk.
These are perfect for birthday parties outside of the home or to take on the go for a little snack.